Friday, April 17, 2009

MemoriesThat Haunt Me

Ghost stories are getting really popular among humans these days. Mom and Dad are watching one right now on that flickery box with pictures in it. I don't pay much attention to the stories on the flicker box, but while they're watching it, I remember the ghosts I've come across.

There was the haunted arena in a place called "Tulsa", where we stopped for a long time and some men worked on the house. Dad and I would walk through it, and I got to smell the bulls, and cows and horses, and a few other animals I didn't recognize. They'd had what they called a "Livestock Show" there before we arrived, and all the cows and bulls were sold. After they left, their ghosts stayed in the stalls, and I got to sniff 'em out most mornings.

These days I only get to sniff the occasional ghost, and it's usually another dog or a cat that I find on the sidewalk or in the gutter when we go for a walk. Not as many as before...but this is a different kind of place. Sometimes I miss Tulsa.

Oh well, we're here for a while, so I'll make the best of it.

If those dumb cats keep coming around to tease me under the house, I might just make a couple ghosts of my own.

-Woof at ya later.

1 comment:

Old Newsie said...

HI CLANCY - HE LADY THAT DELIVERS MEALS HERE EVERYDAY HAS BEEN FEEDING ME BEANS ALL WEEK. I KEEP DETECTING GHOSTS TOO IN EVERY ROOM